The Amateur Radio station is a fully functioning radio station where licensed amateur radio operators can make contacts and experiment with different types of radio communication.
This area has the following equipment
- Yaesu FT-2900 75 watt 2 Meter transceiver
- Home made 2 Meter copper J-Pole antenna mounted 30 ft up, on top of the roof.
- Raspberry Pi based packet terminal running direwolf APRS packet modem and FLDIGI for additional point to point data modes.
- RTL-SDR software defined radio receiver for monitoring and experimenting with radio transmissions between 23 MHz - 1.2 GHz
- GQRX and GNU-Radio software for manipulating raw sample output from the SDR receiver.