As many businesses in the State of Georgia begin to return to semi-normal modes of operation, I'd like to provide an update to you regarding precautions we will be taking at Roswell Firelabs, in furtherance of allowing members to resume using the facility.
Previously, we determined that strict regulations set by Governor Brian Kemp via Executive Order would be too challenging for us to enforce on a volunteer basis, since we do not have full-time staff available to ensure compliance. To alleviate the impact of these regulations, for the past several weeks I have been meeting personally with any member who requested use of the space. The aforementioned executive orders have since been relaxed to a point where we are now able to permit members to come back into the space with more autonomy; however, there are a few new rules we will need to follow until further notice, detailed below:
- Anyone entering the Firelabs must wear a face mask, and continue to wear one as they work around / interact with fellow members.
- Individuals must maintain a recommended safe distance of 6 feet from their peers.
- Individuals who are physically ill/experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should not enter the building.
- We will be regularly sanitizing common areas and work surfaces, and will make cleaning supplies available for anyone to use in all areas of the building.
- Classes/Events at the Firelabs will be cancelled/postponed until further notice, given that they account for a majority of foot traffic in the building.
Signage regarding these practices will be posted on all exterior doors to the building. Please do your best to take these basic precautions given the circumstances, if you do choose to enter the facility. Member access cards will be re-activated on Monday, June 1st. Please inform me of any issues that arise either directly or by using this webform.
All members who have continued to pay dues throughout our temporary closure have received a credit of two full calendar months to their renewal date. Please let me know if your membership does not reflect this and I will gladly adjust it for you.