Perfect for the small shop or woodworking enthusiast, the SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander reduces the tedium of hand sanding, speeds up the sanding process, and produces more consistent results.
Be sure to check the "Resources" section at the bottom of this page for how to use this machine, and don't forget to read the manual if you are curious.
This machine is NOT a planer, and is not as efficient for dimensioning lumber as a planer or jointer is. You must make sure you've properly dimensioned your lumber BEFORE using this sander.
Planer VS Drum Sander: https://www.rockler.com/a-planer-vs-a-drum-sander
WARNING: The power switch for the motor sits at about knee-height and can snag on baggy pants, etc., accidentally engaging the motor. If your hands are on the drum and this occurs, you may be seriously injured. UNPLUG THIS MACHINE WHEN DOING ANY MAINTENANCE, changing paper, etc.
Please do not sand moist/pressure treated lumber on this machine, as it will firmly bond with the sandpaper in a short amount of time and really ruin it for everyone else. If you are going to do this, bring your own paper.
- Simple alignment feature: Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
- Indexed alignment setting: Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19”, the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments: A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Extra-wide conveyor to properly support stock over 19” wide. The conveyor table is 22” wide to add support to the work piece.
- Drum will never go “out of alignment” The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- "Intellisand" feature will dynamically regulate conveyor speed if the motor is struggling and stock is feeding too quickly.
||Maximum Width (in): 38 (two passes) Minimum Length (in): 2-1/4 Maximum Thickness (in): 4 Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
||27D x 46W x 52H (on stand)
||5 x 19 extruded aluminum
||1- 4″ vacuum port, min. 600 CFM recommended
||43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, ranged variable 0-10 FPM
|Drive Motor (TEFC):
||110 V, 15 amp